TIME FOR ANOTHER REALTOR WORLD GUEST POST: BY BECKY HEIM FROM Premier Sotheby’s International Realty IN VENICE, FL.:
You can go to countless websites that will give you tips about choosing a realtor. Do your research :
- Check their references
- Talk with their clients
- Gauge their knowledge of the area
- Check out the company they work for
- Ask your friends
But how do you know when you have found the right one? You will feel it. Selling your home or buying a new home is a very personal experience. It can also be frustrating and worrisome. So here is how you know you have the right person to share this journey with:
- Are they enthusiastic about your home and in tune to your needs?
- Are they willing to really work with you? That can mean everything from pulling weeds to great marketing and negotiating.
- Are they available? Real estate is a 24/7 business with time off to eat and sleep.
- Would you want to be friends with them? Having a connection with your agent and feeling like they “get” you can be super important to your overall experience.
Being in real estate is the most fun I have ever had in a job – probably because I look for the same things in my customers!
Best of luck in your hunt!
My husband Paul and I have been married for 40 years, owned 8 businesses and love working in real estate. There is a special feeling you get when you find the perfect home for someone and/or help them move on to a new stage of their lives.
Paul and I decided to get into real estate after the sale of our last company. I have always loved looking at homes and seeing all the unique ways people use their space and Paul has excelled in the contractual and detail part of our businesses. We’ve got all sides covered! What a great fit, right?